It seems useful to provide a statement of the things we believe so that readers can decide for themselves if our postings are worthy of their attention. Truth is our foremost pursuit and we are pleased to receive any correction and any confirmation of our doctrinal and faith position.
1. We believe that the Bible contains God’s Word to us, that it was written by holy men of God who were inspired by God’s Spirit in the writing. We believe that it is suitable for all doctrine, instruction, and correction. And we believe that it is spiritually discerned by God’s Spirit in the heart of every believer of Jesus Christ.
2. We believe that God is Spirit and that no person has seen Him at any time. We believe He is that Holy Spirit who shaped the worlds and created all things that were created through His own creative omnipotence and faithfulness to His creative, directive Word.
3. We believe that God has expressed Himself to mankind through His holy men the prophets, through His heavenly angels, and finally through His only begotten Son, Jesus.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ was sent by God to enter this world as a man, the Word having laid aside His divine attributes in order to be fully man, and lived His life in union with the Spirit of God Who enabled His sinless and miraculous existence among sinful mankind.
5. We believe that God gave man authority and dominion over the earth, and that the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. As such, when mankind fell into sin only a man could redeem us from sin. The price of sin is death and so Jesus Christ, fully man, paid that price on the cross for all people.
6. We believe that God chose Israel as bearers of His name to the world, and that they were entrusted with His commands and declarations, and with the authority to write and declare Scripture. With fulfillment of the law declared as the means to salvation, Israel then rejected that by crucifying as a sinner the sinless Jesus of Nazareth. All persons were effectively declared sinners through the entrusted nation of Israel because no one could surpass the sinless holiness of Jesus.
7. We believe that all mankind being declared sinners proved God to be just in permitting death as the wages of sin, and then further proved Him to be merciful through His grace in raising Jesus from death to eternal life. God chose to save us!
8. We believe that in Jesus we die with Him through the cross and our sins are now paid in full, and we believe that in Jesus we are raised to newness of life in union with the Spirit of God and our lives are now at and in His service – empowered by His Spirit to sinless and miraculous existence.
9. We believe that all authority is given to Jesus Who is the eternal King and faithful High Priest over and for all mankind, and that trust in Him is the active and ongoing declaration of our faith. We believe because He is!
10. We believe that we are exactly what God the Father and Jesus the Lord say we are: beloved, redeemed, accepted, holy, righteous and we live our lives in submission to His care and direction – free of condemnation and filled with trust at being in the caring and directive hands of our Creator and Saviour.